Storm Tracks WebGL - Instructions
Interactive map of hurricanes, typhoons, cyclones and tropical storm tracks from 1848 to the present day.
Tracks can be filtered by opening the Controls and modifying the settings.
- Use the Date Range sliders and presets to filter by date
- Use the Wind Speed sliders and presets to filter by storm wind speed in knots
- Enter the name of a storm to filter by name
- Use the Guides button to display latitude/longitude guide lines including the equator
- Use the Spin button to toggle automatic rotation of the globe. It will stop spinning when you interact with it
- Spin the globe by dragging with the left mouse button down
- Zoom in and out using the mouse wheel or by holding down the S key and moving the mouse
Other features in progress include hover over storm for name, links to storm Wiki pages, videos etc., better storm track rendering, animations, performance improvements
Questions or feedback? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks to Three.js, the authors of the wealth of WebGL examples out there that I learned from and the NOAA for providing a great source of data.